CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

The last week

This last week has been very eventful. We started a new soccer season, ate seafood, played new video games, and bought 2 new soccer balls.


Tuesday, spring soccer started. Jayden and Reese are on the same team and they are so happy! Their team is pretty big, but there are only 4 kids from Jayden's school.

He was so mad that I brought my camera to practice. I can't believe he was surprised!


Wednesday, we dropped off something very special at church.


Last week, Jayden asked me if he could buy a soccer ball (with his own money) and give it to the youth group at our church who would be going to Mexico during Spring Break. He wanted them to give the ball to a kid that didn't have one. I was so touched by this, I think we went out right away to buy the ball. He picked out the ball, and there was some serious thought behind his decision. He found a Chivas ball. Now, his best friend, Carlos, loves Chivas. And Carlos is Mexican. So...he figured other Mexican children must love Chivas too!

He also wrote a note of encouragement to the youth group.


Friday was my 31st Birthday. I celebrated with Jayden and my parents. We went to dinner at McGrath's Fish House. I had been craving steak all week and I can never turn down seafood, so I got steak and crab combo.


The Ducks were playing in the first round of March Madness while we were at dinner. The waitress would give us the updated score every time she walked by our table. After a while she stopped. Dad and Jay went to the bar to check the score and came back with the bad news. The Ducks had lost. I mean, didn't they know it was my birthday?

Today is Easter and my last minute attempt to put together an Easter basket was a total success. Instead of a basket, I used an MLS soccer backpack (that Jayden was eyeing at Target last week). I filled it w/ new clothes, sports eggs w/ toys and chocolates inside, video games, and a new soccer ball. Jayden loved his new video games (Monster Jam and Star Wars Legos II). There total classics.


We went to church this morning and Jayden had to take Monster Jam with him. He couldn't wait to get home and play. After church we went to Jake's for lunch with Mom & Dad. Jayden was getting very impatient waiting for them that he told me, "I am so hungry (and mad), it's brought me to tears". He just wanted to get home and play. Finally, Dad cracked under Jayden's power...

...and this is what he looked like the rest of the day!





0 comments: