CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Surprise trip

Sunday was Michael and Matthew's birthday party. We weren't planning on going cause it is in Vancouver, WA...but at the last minute, I decided to surprise them. Anesha was so surprised when she opened the door and saw us.
Michael turned 5. He is so cute and I love all his expressions. I can't believe he is starting Kindergarten already. Here are some pictures of Mikey...


Matthew turned 4. He hardly took that Batman mask off, except if he was crying or pouting about something. Here's Matt...


Can't leave out the baby, Marcus. He thought it was his party too. He is 2 and getting so big. He will pass up his older brothers soon. And this is Marky-marc...




These guys keep ya busy. Mom and Dad weren't looking, but I was and happen to catch them all getting into mischief...
Mike was climbing up and standing on the top beam of their new play house. What a dare devil.
Matthew kept running Batman's motorcycle thru the cake and then he'd lick the tires. The side of the cake didn't have much frosting left.
And baby learned that when Mom was distracted, it was a good time to help himself to some lunch meat.
I love these guys!
The next day, we got up very early and went fishing. Jayden was tickled. He never goes fishing, so this was really special for him. We drove up to Silver Lake near Kelso. In fact we drove thru Kelso 3 times on the way there. Thanks Randy.
Jayden, Thomas and Randy got set up on the dock.



Anesha and I watched the boys for awhile then drove up to Johnston Ridge Observatory to see Mount St. Helens. It was a beautiful drive up there...wish I could say the same for the view at the top. It was so cloudy that we couldn't see 15 ft. in front of us. We got a good laugh out of it. We met some other tourists up there from Texas and Wisconsin. Everyone was joking about the great views.


Finally the clouds started to part and we got to see the tip top of the mountain. But that's all.
We drove back to the lake to get the boys. Jayden caught 3 fish but they were all too small to keep. They ended up with two to take home.



Way to go Randy!
And those boys tormented me the entire drive back with those fish. I couldn't put my feet on the floor of the van cause I didn't want the fish to touch my feet.
We drove back home later that day. It was a nice visit and it was fun to do something we hadn't done before. I will definitely go back up there...hopefully on a clear day.



0 comments: