CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Jay's a Buccaneer



Jayden started football this week. Tackle football. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous about him getting hurt and actually...no I'm not. Most of the kids are smaller than him. I'm more worried for his friend Luke. He's kinda fragile.

Jayden was weighed in at 81 lbs. He got his helmet, pads, pants and jersey. And you know I will be taking tons of pictures once I get all the gear on him.

Jayden has lots of friends on this team. This is Parker, our neighbor. He and Jayden plan on practicing together in all their gear. Reese, Luke and Trenton are also on his team.

I love this. They were so cute. I mean cool.
He was #24 for only a few minutes. He traded it in for another jersey because this one was "freekishly huge". So... he is #8 now.
After practice, he started complaining that he was feeling dizzy. He was burning up and when I took his temp, he was 101.2. He had been outside most of the day and it was almost 100 so I took him into the Emergency Room (it was 9:30pm). We spent the rest of the night there. He started puking about 12:30 and had to have an IV. He took some Tylenol and anti-nausea medication and we were allowed to leave at 6 the next morning. All they could tell me is that he had a virus. I am sure the heat and maybe some dehydration was part of it too.

So its a good thing the weather will cool down this next week. He has soccer camp in the mornings, swimming and football on Tuesday and Thursday evening and Soccer starts this week on Wednesday and Friday evening. And this is our crazy life.

2 comments:

Lily said...

amazing photos

Anonymous said...

YAY...you fixed your blog so I can post, thanks Carrie, now if you could give instructions to others how disable whatever you had to do.
I really just wanted to tell you how awesome your photos are getting....love your blog, now you can give me some tips ...my blog is so boring....
Glad you like the kit, hope you download some of your work you create with it so I can see!
thanks for bringing your mini in for the store too :)